Sunday, November 1, 2009

Enthusiasm is Contagious


Usually people who work a 9 to 5 tend to have a case of the "mondays." Well the kids at St. Mary's were as enthusiastic as i have seen them. Since I have been at St. Mary's, I have observed not only the kids, but effective teachings strategies as well. I have been utilizing such strategies lately, and I feel that is why the kids seem more and more enthusiastic. When I am interacting with the kids, enthusiasm is a must in order for me to keep the kids on their toes at all times. A few of the motor movement patterns we focused on was leaping, sliding and the horizontal jump. My group and I used animals as a means for the kids to relate to some of the games we were playing. We had them leaping like frogs, sliding like snakes, and jumping like kangaroos. The kids really loved how I was not only getting my point across to them, but I was being funny while doing it.
Since Halloween was this weekend, we decided to go with that as a theme for the day. The little kids were all telling me what they were dressing up as. I heard some really cool ones like Optimus Prime form transformers and Buzz-Lightyear from Toy Story. It was cool to reminisce about some of the costumes I wore when I was that age. Whenever I am around the kids, I think about fun things I did when i was in elementary school and it brings back great memories. I am always looking forward to spend time with the kids because of this I guess that I am not the only one keeping others enthusiastic, as the kids are doing the same to me!

1 comment:

  1. No matter how bad of a day you are having, kids feed off of your energy and if you are having a bad day they will pick up on that immediately.

    ReplyDelete